1. Money
Mary Bellis

Psychedelic

By November 21, 2013

mary bellisLSD was first synthesized on November 16, 1938 by Swiss chemist Albert Hofmann in Sandoz Laboratories in Basle, Switzerland. Sandoz Laboratories, the only company to manufacture and sell LSD. first marketed the drug in 1947 under the trade name Delysid. (BTW Heroin® was once a trademark belonging to Bayer) It is interesting to note that Albert Hofmann who had been working on making a circulatory and respiratory stimulant did not realize that he had invented a hallucinogenic drug until 1943, when he accidentally ingested some. Psychedelic Painting: Mary Bellis

Comments
November 20, 2008 at 10:10 pm
(1) Beth says:

LSD 25 is still made by the gallon by the US Government to still test on subjects such as humans and animals.

I just would like to say I really enjoy your articles. My hubby is an inventor and I get to stump him with your articles sometimes.

November 21, 2008 at 2:20 am
(2) Mary Bellis says:

Thanks Beth for the kind words

November 18, 2010 at 7:22 pm
(3) chris says:

Sandoz was the inventor but Owsley Stanley was the Johnny Appleseed. Check him out and all the connections he had that brought so many things to the world, including the internet. No, it wasn’t Al Gore, he promoted it, but the same circle of people that started “The Well”, biofeedback and later a bunch of tech companies. It’s a shame this valuable mind expanding experience was abused by people like Timothy Leary – it might have brought more enlightenment to our unenlightened world.

November 19, 2010 at 11:56 pm
(4) jimmy says:

and the wind cried Mary

November 22, 2010 at 3:09 pm
(5) tracy says:

this is some cool shit

November 22, 2012 at 10:36 pm
(6) James Poole says:

“Invention” is really a misnomer for the synthesis of a specific compound isolated from natural products. LSD is thought to have been a component of “ergot,” a material produced in moldy grains, especially rye, which caused adverse reactions in those who consumed such grains many years ago. The creation of entirely new molecules, or significantly modified formulas to obtain different effects, may indeed be invention. Interesting article, anyway. You never know what may turn up in moldy stuff – penicillin or LSD!

November 24, 2013 at 10:34 pm
(7) CrazyOnDigital says:

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog and was
curious what all is required to get setup? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would
cost a pretty penny? I’m not very internet savvy so I’m not 100% positive.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Also visit my blog <a href=”http://weheartiphone.com/category/accessory-brands/crazyondigital”>CrazyOnDigital</a>

November 25, 2013 at 4:57 am
(8) http://www.canyougetpregnantwhileonyourperiod.com/can-you-get-pregnant-during-your-period/ says:

If you plan to use shaving as a long term
method to remove your pubic hair, you need to invest in a
excellent pubic shaver. About half of the pregnant women who experience spotting will
go on to have more significant bleeding, which is symptomatic of ectopic pregnancy, molar pregnancy or
miscarriage. Keep in mind, you want to have a positive capital on your opening balance sheet.

November 26, 2013 at 3:14 pm
(9) webpage says:

I’m amazed, I must say. Seldom do I encounter a blog that’s equally
educative and entertaining, and without a doubt, you’ve
hit the nail on the head. The problem is an
issue that not enough men and women are speaking intelligently about.
I am very happy I came across this during my hunt for something regarding
this.

Here is my homepage <a href=”http://searchingdirectory.com”>webpage</a>