1. Money
Mary Bellis

Who Invented Liposuction?

By November 23, 2013

liposuctionFour doctors get the credit for founding and advancing the medical procedure know as liposuction. Doctor Giorgio Fischer, a gynecologist from Rome, Italy, invented the liposuction procedure in 1974. Doctor Illouz, a French plastic surgeon, made the first purely cosmetic use of the procedure four years later. Dermatologists, Doctor Jeffrey Klein and Doctor Patrick Lillis invented the tumescent technique of liposuction in 1985.

USPTO patent drawing for liposuction method and cannula

Comments
August 29, 2008 at 7:29 pm
(1) Thrive Aesthetic Center says:

I wonder if they consider lipodissolve a viable choice as well. it is a simple injection that dissolves the fat.

September 5, 2008 at 10:19 am
(2) keith says:

i wold like to lern mor about this.

September 9, 2008 at 1:04 pm
(3) ana v says:

iuuuuu so nasty!!

September 22, 2008 at 2:23 pm
(4) Lap Band Doctor Miami says:

just 1985. I’d say there are many improvements since then. The good thought is someone invented this to relieve people of their weight problems. Bravo !

September 30, 2010 at 1:32 pm
(5) Portland Liposuction - Waldorf says:

It’s always interesting to note that the practice itself was developed recently, but now it’s one of the most popular procedures for plastic surgery. I don’t believe it will ever lose gusto unless a similar procedure that’s more efficient gets invented.

January 22, 2012 at 9:41 pm
(6) liposculpture says:

Liposuction surgery can be carried out on individuals of all ages, but the best results are noticed in liposuction patients who have skin that has not lost its elasticity

November 26, 2012 at 6:48 pm
(7) Alissa Banks says:

I like this information. I had smart lipo michigan and it was so easy and beneficial!

November 28, 2012 at 10:37 am
(8) George Kakaris says:

Why didn’t my previous comment appear?

March 17, 2014 at 4:17 pm
(9) Liposuction in Miami says:

Nice blolg Һere! Also ʏοur website loads up fast!
What web host ɑrе үοu using?
Cаn I ǥеt your affiliate
link tߋ ƴοur host? Ӏ ѡish my website loaded up as ԛuickly ɑs yߋurs lol

March 26, 2014 at 7:42 pm
(10) abdominoplastia says:

In addition, burning off those additional a hundred calories necessitates up to
thirty minutes of nonstop walking, Twenty minutes of nonstop riding a bicycle, 15 minutes on a treadmill machine, or 10 minutes on an elliptical trainer every day.
For these reasons and more, do yourself a favor, and drink organic wheatgrass powder.
The findings of this study were confirmed by other studies conducted in both Japan and Korea.