1. Money
Mary Bellis

Enter the 2014 Popular Science Invention Awards

By January 5, 2014

Enter the 2013 Popular Science Invention Awards Calling all independent inventors. The 2014 Popular Science Invention Awards are aimed at you. The science editors at the magazine will be picking, "ten inventions of homegrown ingenuity that solve real-world problems in a practical and innovative way".

They are not looking for entries born from the well-funded research labs of universities and corporations. They are looking for you, the small independent inventor or small team who has that drive and genius and Tesla DNA. Photo Credit: Peter Cade/Getty Images

Deadline January 15, 2014

Comments
January 17, 2013 at 3:10 pm
(1) Dave Brough says:

I only learned of this contest in today’s posting from Mary, and quite frankly , am cheesed that PS would create just a two-week window for entries.
I gave them my two cents worth, and perhaps if a few others will do the same, they’ll re-open it for a few days. Send to inventions@popsci.com

Dave Brough

January 17, 2013 at 11:54 pm
(2) shel holmes says:

I agree with you Dave. My first, middle, and last assumtion is that they probably do this so that you will subscribe to the magazine or service so that you will know ahead of time from now on. At least thats what I would do if I published it. Why offer a free contest as such for those that don’t pay for all year long? The purpose of contests through a media venue is to increase sales and exposure that would result in more sales.
Thats just my opinion as a business owner myself. Wink Wink

February 7, 2014 at 4:20 pm
(3) Bryce Randolph says:

I am an inventor. One without a lot of money, I am always looking for a contest that I can get my inventions into. I mfind this one today that says I have another week to enter,I go to the web address and find that I dont have till the 15th. I have the best invention,the cure for signal loss from heavy rainfall on satellite dishes. The first ever,2.3 Billion dish owners will have to wait until I get funding. This sucks
benzitzen@yahoo.com

February 24, 2014 at 2:08 pm
(4) Marcos says:

TrillDeep90@yahoo.com

February 24, 2014 at 2:10 pm
(5) Marcos Ochoa says:

Hello my name is Marcos and I need some information on how to start the process for my invention, I’ve called law firms and patent agency/attorneys and even went to Legalzoom.com and I guess I’m just trying to find the right resources or insight on how to get the ball rolling. I need to communicate with an inventor instead of the seller for the best advice on how to accomplish my goals. I have an idea :)
TrillDeep90@yahoo.com

April 9, 2014 at 6:11 pm
(6) mark_fayer says:

I am the best inventor. I made an invention to cure stem cell research from ever reaching the Laboratories f the Crimean Peninsula.
This will save hundreds of lives,
and even cure stem cell research,…etc.

Man, I am so bummed that I cant enter the Invention Awards due to my lost internet Signal.

will you please tell the PopSci editor, that he needs to redesign the Layout of his mag,
so great Minds like myself will be interested to Create our inventions and buy his magazine.:)

Markfayer@gmail.com