1. Money
Mary Bellis

How to Where to and Why to Patent an Idea

By April 9, 2014

patent an ideaIf you got it flaunt it. This is an introductory article I have written aimed at those of you who do not know how to patent it yourself. One hot tip, patent early, especially now when the first to file rule came into effect in the United States, and especially if your invention is in a highly competitive field. Illustration: Getty Images/Chad Baker

Comments
May 18, 2013 at 6:02 pm
(1) James Poole says:

Mary, This is a really good set of articles on patenting, but please do not perpetuate the idea that one can patent an “idea.” Only inventions can be patented, and among the requirements is the conception of
the invention (which might be considered an idea) + “reduction to practice,” which can be constructively accomplished by filing a properly written patent application. One need not wait to make a working prototype, just describe the invention well enough in the application that another person would learn how to “make and use” the invention. Thank you also for exposing your readers to the new “first to file” regime. James K. Poole, Reg. Patent Attorney

April 17, 2014 at 6:50 pm
(2) Eldon says:

I savor, result in I found exactly what I was looking for.

You’ve ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man.
Have a great day. Bye

my site :: apa itu ginekologi; <a href=”http://www.jeunes.nc/content/do-someone-thinks-nightmare-can-forecast-diseases”>Eldon</a>,

April 19, 2014 at 7:43 pm
(3) how to promote my site, says:

If I agree 100 % with this, I am not sure.

April 19, 2014 at 11:00 pm
(4) aquaplussteamshowercabinenclosure.devhub.com says:

Excellent steam showers, my family had a unit installed approximately 5 years ago and so it could do with upgrading, never get a dull or boring old
standard kind of shower again

April 21, 2014 at 4:04 am
(5) trade mark registration says:

Hi there colleagues, how is all, and what you desire to say regarding this post, in my view its really amazing
in favor of me.

April 23, 2014 at 11:51 am
(6) fat blast factor says:

Piece of writing writing is also a excitement, if
you know after that you can write otherwise
it is complex to write.