Return Thomas Edison Page
An overview of Thomas A. Edison's involvement in motion pictures detailing the development of the Kinetoscope, the films of the Edison Manufacturing Company, and the company's ultimate decline is given here.
- Origins of Motion Pictures - The Kinetoscope
- Early Edison Motion Picture Production (1892-1895)
- The Shift to Projectors and the Vitascope (1895-1896)
- Edison Film Production 1896-1900
- Fictional Films Dominate as Nickelodeons Emerge (1900-1907)
- Litigation and Licensees
- Decline of the Edison Company (1908-1918)
The Astor tramp / Thomas A. Edison, Inc. ; producer, James White.