- Apparently, Tony Fadell is quite a character. He was once asked where he would be in life if he'd grown up before computers were invented. Fadell's response was "In jail."
- What was the first song played using iTunes, Apple's proprietary software? It was a house-music dance tune called Groovejet (If This Ain't Love).
- The first generation iPods had scroll wheels that physically rotated. Post 2003 iPods (third generation) have touch sensitive wheels. Fourth generation (2004) iPods have buttons integrated onto the wheel.
- The iPod's wheel technology can measure changes in position greater than 1/1,000th of an inch.
What Else Has Tony Fadell Done?Tony Fadell was involved in the development of the Apple iPod (2001*), Philips Nino PDA (1997*), Philips Velo PDA (1995*), Sony MagicLink PDA (1991*), Motorola Envoy Wireless Communicator, and Fuse Systems.
* Indicates year development started.