The 60s have been described by historians as the ten years having the most significant changes in history. By the end of the 60s humanity had entered the spaceage by putting a man on the moon. The 60s were influenced by the youth of the post-war baby boom - a generation with a fondness for change and far-out gadgets.
- Valium invented.
- The nondairy creamer invented.
- The audio cassette invented.
- The fiber-tip pen invented by Yukio Horie.
- Spacewar, the first computer video game invented.
- Dow Corp invents silicone breast implants.
- Acrylic paint invented.
- Permanent-press fabric invented.
- BASIC (an early computer language) is invented by John George Kemeny and Tom Kurtz.
- Electronic Fuel injection for cars invented.
- The computer mouse invented by Douglas Engelbart.
- The first computer with integrated circuits made.
- Robert Dennard invented RAM (random access memory).