- 1900 to 1909 1910 to 1919 1920 to 1929
- 1930 to 1939 1940 to 1949 1950 to 1959
- 1960 to 1969 1970 to 1979 1980 to 1989
- 1990 to 1999 2000 onwards
- Scotch tape patented by 3M engineer, Richard G. Drew.
- The frozen food process patented by Clarence Birdseye.
- Wallace Carothers and DuPont Labs invents neoprene.
- The "differential analyzer", or analog computer invented by Vannevar Bush at MIT in Boston.
- Frank Whittle and Dr Hans von Ohain both invent a jet engine.
- Harold Edgerton invented stop-action photography.
- Germans Max Knott and Ernst Ruska co-invent the electron microscope.
- Polaroid photography invented by Edwin Herbert Land.
- The zoom lens and the light meter invented.
- Carl C. Magee invents the first parking meter.
- Karl Jansky invents the radio telescope.
- Frequency modulation (FM radio) invented by Edwin Howard Armstrong.
- Stereo records invented.
- Richard M. Hollingshead builds a prototype drive-in movie theater in his driveway.
- Englishmen, Percy Shaw invents cat eyes or roads reflectors.
- Charles Darrow claims he invented the game Monopoly.
- Joseph Begun invents the first tape recorder for broadcasting - first magnetic recording.
- Wallace Carothers and DuPont Labs invents nylon ( polymer 6.6.)
- The first canned beer made.
- Robert Watson-Watt patented radar.
- Bell Labs invents the voice recognition machine.
- Samuel Colt patents the Colt revolver.
- The ballpoint pen invented by Ladislo Biro.
- Strobe lighting invented.
- LSD was synthesized on November 16, 1938 by Swiss chemist Albert Hofmann of Sandoz Laboratories.
- Roy J. Plunkett invented tetrafluoroethylene polymers or Teflon.
- Nescafe or freeze-dried coffee invented.
- The first working turboprop engine.