What famous inventor or scientist has the same May birthday as you. The fifth month of the year in the Gregorian calendar.
- 1910 - Dorothy Hodgkin won the 1964 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for her determinations by X-ray techniques of the structures of important biochemical substances.
- 1857 - English pathologist, Ronald Ross won the Nobel Prize in 1902
- 1859 - French physicist, Pierre Curie shared the Nobel Prize in 1903 with his wife
- 1863 - English toy inventor, Frank Hornby founded the legendary Meccano Toy Company
- 1763 - Chemist, Louis-Nicolas Vauquelin discovered chromium and beryllium
- 1831 - David Edward Hughes invented the carbon microphone and a teleprinter
- 1914 - American scientist, Edward T. Hall
- 1950 - German superconductivity physicist, Johannes Bednorz won the Nobel prize in 1987
- 1940 - American scientist, Alan Kay
- 1872 - English mathematician & philosopher, Bertrand Russell won the Nobel Prize in 1950
- 1901 - American biochemist, Vincent du Vigneaud
- 1907 - Nuclear physicist, Robley D Evans
- 1928 - Nuclear scientist, G R Hall