Peerless Steam EngineBy 1881, the company had become incorporated and their first steam engine was introduced, nicknamed the "Peerless ." The new "Peerless" steam engine was intended to directly compete with the neighboring Frick Company steam engine, the "Eclipse." Soon, Geiser "Peerless" steam engines established a reputation as being solid, well-built, quality steam engines.
To further broaden their product line, Geiser Mfg. Co. developed a steam-powered "Peerless" gang plow, to go along with the "New Peerless" threshing machines, hay presses, and sawmills that were already in the line.
Early Gasoline Powered Farm TractorsIn addition, the Geiser Mfg. Co. was engaged in the early developmental work on gasoline tractors and introduced their own model in 1910. The Geiser Mfg. Co. attempted to expand into the lucrative Midwestern market, but their success was hindered by the large transportation costs incurred from shipping their products westward. Even with several high quality products, the Geiser Mfg. Co. realized it could not survive as an independent company without a larger Midwestern market share.
Therefore, in 1912, the company, the plant, and all designs and manufacturing rights were sold to the Emerson-Brantingham Implement Company of Rockford, Illinois. Emerson-Brantingham continued to manufacture the respected line of "Peerless" steam engines and threshing machines until the mid-1920s. Surviving that long was truly a testament of their quality, for by that time most companies had already abandoned the manufacture of steam engines.