From the article: Top 10 Popular Inventors
An inventor is someone who invents something that did not exist before that inventor started his or her tinkering. Tell us who is your favorite inventor and why? Inspiration
greatest inventor of all times
- invention is a misnomer for discovery, invention is a legalists word used to stifle discovery which is its own reward, and all discoveries are nbuilt on the discoveries of others who have gone on before, The so-called patent laws are criminility, using pseudo inventions to steal money, like gatses and buffetses who invented nor discovered, but hired patent lawyers who shared the cash with patent tribunals (other lawyers). Its parallel to criminal law, where several hundred thousand city, county, state, and federal pseudo electorate incarcerate more victims of the legal predatory society than the next 20 nations combined, clout is for sale, green fees shared among judaicial circles of lawyers with judges, prosecutors buys and sells clout in americals criminal courts and prisons of servitude. refusing to allow information technology to be used to identify wrongful incarceration and malpractice, rampant throughout the USA. Time changes all things
- —Guest jackie cox
- Nikola Tesla is best of all inventors. He actually invents 20th century as he invents ac ,transformer,tesla coil,etc.he is the father of physics
- —Guest Json
- the holy spirit of truth who leads us all, has enabled hundreds of thousands of engineering design manyears to bring us new materials and processes bring us into the information age---Thomas Alva Edison was great
- —Guest firstname.lastname@example.org
- C. Walton Musser, my grandfather. Holder of over 250 US patents. Co-inventor of the recoilles rifle during WWII. 1941 patent for the first version of cruise control. US patent for the ejector seat in aircraft. Biggest invention was harmonic drive in 1957. Harmonic drive is used in many spokes. Space, robotics, printing presses, medicine, auto industry and more. There was a time that all things in space were Harmonic Drive driven. Musser's motto was "Nothing is impossible if you are willing to put in the time and effort."
- he is important because he invented gravity i think... whatever [editor's note That was newton who discovered at first theorized about the law of gravity, however, gravity was not an inventions it's a law of nature. But Albert was a great scientist I agree who came up with the law of relativity e=mc2 }
- —Guest audra
- my favourite and hands down the most important inventor of all time is nikola tesla iam myself an electrician and what he invented so many years ago is amazing for example the ac motor,the transformer,x-rays,radio,remote controls,he made people into billionaires but died in a hotel room broke and yet so many people donot know who he is
- —Guest keith haas
Tisk, Tisk, Think!!
- 1. The subject is favorite not best inventor. A concept most of you have obviously neglected [Details, people, details]. 2. Most of you just focus on what relates in the most candid manner to, your immediate existence, (electronics) this is a sign of immature understanding of history. How many inventors and ages in history do you actually comprehend? Their are bests for certain subjects, and for their times. Their is NO best. 3. As usual, I will be thee out-of-the-box thinker and say that my favorite is the entity that has absolutely done the most inventing, period........Possibly immortal ........................Come on, Guess.......God?...No......................Give up!?!. The collective that "gets credit" as ANONYMOUS!! Thaaaat's correct, Anonymous! So many ideas are evidenced as probably falsely attributed to a name and truly belong to Anonymous as do the ones which we can not begin to guess at. These ideas ( think the wheel anybody) are the work of The Anonymous! Check Mate.
- —Guest Thee-Apotheosis
Tesla wins hands down
- Easy pick - let us start with AC, then multiphase current, motors, generators, then go to radio (controversial subject, great money was at stake, but he was awarded the patent at the end). Basically every single electric and electronic device we use today owes its existence to some of Tesla's patents. Another thing - he was so much engulfed in his work that he did not care about the profit. Imagine the royalties from AC, electric lighting, multiphase generators, radio. Yet he died alone, in a hotel room, virtually forgotten. He was working for the benefit of mankind, and we cannot pay him enough respect for centuries to come. Just go around your neighborhood and ask people if they knew who Tesla was. You'll get the idea.
- —Guest Shone
Are u kidding??
- Why Tesla isn't in the top ten? He should be the first one!!! and, btw, http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2002/jun/17/humanities.internationaleducationnews Bell did not invent the telephone!
- —Guest Matt
- I love Leonardo for inventing the machine gun and nikola for th tesla coil
- —Guest Nikola and Leonardo
- jack Kilby my favorite inventor for inventing monolithic intergreted circuit, he went on developing the first industrial and military application,including the first poketronic. He is the father of IC
- —Guest Timothy kipruto
These dont even come close to one man.
- These inventors don't even come close to the most amazing inventor in history. His inventions were so far ahead of their time, no-one understood it. Free power for everyone on earth. Anyone think of this? It seems like only a god could create such a device. No it is Nicoli Tesla. Almost every electrical device or technology in the world today including some of the most sophisticated are based on his theories and inventions or designs. This great man was shunned, ridiculed, taunted and silenced. Life would NOT be the same at all today if it wasn't for him. Had they listened and not followed greed, our world would be completely different and the way we live. It is also known or speculated that Government agencies confiscated many of his inventions and patents due to not wanting this technology to fall into the wrong hands. Still to this day, he was so advanced scientists still cannot master the awesome power he discovered and was able harness. Mankind is worse off without his vision.... Editor's Notes: I love Tesla http://inventors.about.com/od/tstartinventions/a/Nikola_Tesla.htm
- —Guest YourIgnorant
- leanardo davinci leonardo davinci leonardo davinci leonardo davinci
- —Guest mimi
- Archimedes was and is the best inventor ever because he changed the way people looked at the world. He made seemingly magical inventions, and then explained them using science. He also ran around naked. That's pretty...... interesting. Still, he "invented" the archimedes screw (i say "invented" because he simply edited it's original design) and he made giant leaps in the world of mechanics. He was extremely advanced for his time, and we would do well not to forget that. He is obviously the best inventor EVER!!!!!
- —Guest HJG
- james Naismith is my favorite inventer because he invented my favorite sport which is basketball.I cant wait to grow up to be a basketball player,because i m only 10 now,( sound fun and amazing right )
- —Guest Nickya Bellevue
1-15 of 67Next