- The use of nuclear weapons was a sadly necessary evil, terrible as the fact of innocent people being killed in such an abhorrent fashion was, to use military parlance, they were deemed as "collateral damage", so this was seen as a justification for the use of these weapons. This brings forth the doctrine of MAD (Mutual Assured Destruction), whereby the idea is that two nations who both contain within their arsenal nuclear weapons, would be deterred from using the bomb, in the likelihood that a retaliatory strike would then be incurred upon the nation who initiated the bombing...in conclusion I am of the view that the use of these abhorrent weapons should never be undertaken ever again...
- —Guest wayne
- what war is humain? your just killing people who would kill you at the drop of a hat like patton sied "its not the object of war to die for your country its to make the other ******* die f r his"news flash it was war.
- —Guest saty
- Yes it was tragic, yes many innocent people died but imagine what the world would be like if we had not stopped them. There is no garentee that America would have been able to stop them any other way. The world might have fallen under the rule of Musolini and everyone would live under the rule of a dictator! The bombs were used. The war is over. It's 2012. It worked, it was sad, get over it! There is no use in fighting the government on something that happened YEARS ago. Stop whining and be happy we live in a democracy.
- —Guest Bailey
- OF course we had reasons they wouldnt listen so we had to teach them...
- —Guest nicholas
- I feel ashamed to be a human being. That my fellow creatures could do this is incomprehensible as a thinking feeling human
- —Guest Disgust
Doing a research paper
- Its a hard question the requires a substantual amount of thought. One one hand, Many innocents were killed, but on the other, President Truman Saved the lives of nearly Half a million american Soldiers and even more Japanese Soldiers. This action also resulted in the End of a war, and Achived the desired effect of forcing Japans surrender. No, Atom and Nuclear bombs are not "Good" they are inhumane weapons of mass destruction, but it did have a Good effect. So i vote yes for the use of Atomic and Nuclear Weapons.
- —Guest Darren Griffith
what woulda happened
- if the bombs werent droped the what would of happened? japs woulda never given up and America wouldnt be free now would it?
- —Guest ilikebombs
- Nuclear energy used either for destructive or constructive causes is totally against human safety and should never be developed . All automic attempts should be stalled forthwith to heave a sigh of relief to life and safety of the global cleanliness.
- —Guest N.Sivalingam
- While it is a very controversial topic, I feel it is completely necessary to use atomic weapons in drastic situations such as WW2. But as WW3 begins, nuclear weapons will tear apart our planet.
- —Guest Beans
- It is time to consider unification of all humans on our earth, with one president, turning all countries into provinces. The question of the use of an armed military force will become irrelavent unless the earth begins to receive threats of an alien attack from outer space. Since this appears increasingly unlikely at this stage of our existence, we will be left to deal with deliquent individuals in our midst who, against rational thinking, go on to manufacture, consume and distribute dangerous drugs, often with torrorist eventuality. A fight against these erratic elements, who are in the minority surely cannot provoke the industrial manufacture, storage let alone use of sophisticated and mass distructive nuclear weapons.
- —Guest Yeoman Thomas Dete
It's not good, but was needed
- No one likes the after effects of a nuke. But in the long run it did same Many thousands of lifes. And some day a nuke will be used once again. Sad, but ture. God Bless us All.
- —Guest Mr. L
We Don't need 'em...
- Nukes arn't really needed, we can defend ourselfs if we just don't use populated areas for nuke testing
- —Guest Huh...
- WELLL its kind of obvious that the atomic bomb saved our asses so its like a secret weapon that saved us... it also saved million of american soldiers :D
- —Guest MISS SWAGG :**
- No need for nuclear weapons conventional smart bomb very nice too bad to nuke your own planet
- —Guest leo
saved more lives than it took
- Those two atomic bombs saved more lives than they ever took. By dropping them they saved up to 250,000 to 500,000 lives of American soliders. Also by showing the world how powerful this new weapon was may have prevented the US and Soviets from starting an all out nuclear war. As far as japan the US warned them of a horrible weapon was going to be used unless they surrendered but they didn't so we dropped the first bomb and asked for their surrender again but said no and so we dropped the second bomb so you could say Japan was more cruel to their people for their refusal to surrender.
- —Guest Boby Boy