Angel Alcala - Filipino Biologist:
Angel Alcal has more than thirty years of experience in tropical marine resource conservationa. Angel Alcala is considered a world class authority in ecology and biogeography of amphibians and reptiles, and is behind the invention of artifical coral reefs to be used for fisheries in Southeast Asia. Angel Alcala is the Director of the Angelo King Center for Research and Environmental Management.
Angel Alcala - Degrees:
- Undergraduate degree Silliman University
- Ph.D. Stanford University
Angel Alcala - Awards:
- 1994 - The Field Museum Founders' Council Award of Merit for contributions to environmental biology
- Magsaysay Award for Public Service
- Pew Fellowship in Marine Conservation
Work with Philippine Amphibians & Reptiles:
Angel Alcala has done the most comprehensive studies on Philippine amphibians and reptiles, and minor studies on birds and mammals. His research done between 1954 to 1999 lead to the addition of fifty new species of amphibians and reptiles.