Julian Banzon - Filipino Chemist:
Filipino chemist, Julian Banzon researched methods of producing alternative fuels. Julian Banzon experimented with the production of ethyl esters fuels from sugarcane and coconut, and invented a means of extracting residual coconut oil by a chemical process rather than a physical process.
Julian Banzon - Degrees:
- BS in Chemistry from the University of the Philippines - 1930
- Ph.D. in Biophysical Chemistry from Iowa State University - 1940
Julian Banzon - Awards:
- 1980: Distinguished Service Award - Integrated Chemist of the Philippines, Inc.
- 1978: Chemist of the Year Award - Professional Regulation Commission
- 1976: Philsugin Award - Crop Society of the Philippines