- 1900 to 1909 1910 to 1919 1920 to 1929
- 1930 to 1939 1940 to 1949 1950 to 1959
- 1960 to 1969 1970 to 1979 1980 to 1989
- 1990 to 1999 2000 onwards
The 80s saw the rise of the multi-national corporations, while the growth rate during the 80s was 3.2% per year, the highest 9 year rate in American history, a complex combination of causes (economic, financial, legislative and regulatory) led to the extraordinary number of bank failures in the 80s. And a new definition of the expression "corporate greed" was found.
- The hepatitis-B vaccine invented.
- MS-DOS invented.
- The first IBM-PC invented.
- The scanning tunneling microscope invented by Gerd Karl Binnig and Heinrich Rohrer.
- Human growth hormone genetically engineered.
- The Apple Lisa invented.
- Soft bifocal contact lens invented.
- First Cabbage Patch Kids sold.
- Programmer Jaron Lanier first coins the term "virtual reality".
- The CD-ROM invented.
- The Apple Macintosh invented.
- Windows program invented by Microsoft.
- A high-temperature super-conductor invented by J. Georg Bednorz and Karl A. Muller.
- Synthetic skin invented by G. Gregory Gallico, III.
- Fuji introduced the disposable camera.
- The first 3-D video game invented.
- Disposable contact lenses invented.
- Digital cellular phones invented.
- The RU-486 (abortion pill) invented.
- Doppler radar invented by Christian Andreas Doppler.
- Prozac invented at the Eli Lilly Company by inventor Ray Fuller.
- The first patent for a genetically engineered animal is issued to Harvard University researchers Philip Leder and Timothy Stewart.
- Ralph Alessio and Fredrik Olsen received a patent for the Indiglo nightlight. The bluish green light is used to illuminate the entire face of a watch.
- High-definition television invented.